Happy Friday, PSD Families! This Friday FYI is our primary method of communication to studio families – please save it for a time when you can read through it thoroughly and bookmark it for reference!
New & Urgent this week:
– We are closed from Monday, November 21 through Sunday, November 27 for Thanksgiving break.
Find all of the important dates for the year here: www.thepointeschool.com/policies – we list upcoming dates within the next few weeks in every Friday FYI as well for your convenience!
- Ongoing – Holiday Showcase Tickets Available (find everything you need to know and order tickets here)
- November 21-27 – Thanksgiving Break – Studio closed – no classes, boutique, or front desk hours
- November 25 – December auto-pay processed
- December 17 – Holiday Showcase Dress Rehearsals (schedule in showcase handbook)
- December 18 – Holiday Showcase (shows at 1 and 3 PM, details in showcase handbook)
- December 19 – January 6 – Winter Break – Studio closed – no classes, boutique, or front desk hours
The studio will be closed from November 21 – 27 (Monday through Sunday) for Thanksgiving break. We take a whole week off at the studio, and encourage our staff to take the time truly off over the break. We will not have classes, front desk, or boutique hours – and will not be in the studio’s voicemail or email until we return on Monday, November 28. We will be sure to respond to any missed communication starting on Monday, November 28, when we return to work! Our staff works lots of night and weekend hours, which makes family time tricky. We do our best to work hard when we’re in session, and then truly take a break when we have a scheduled closure. Thank you for your understanding and support of our hardworking staff here, so they can rest and recharge over the holiday!
As we get into winter weather, a few reminders about winter weather cancellations and protocols at the studio 🙂
- We do not necessarily follow any school district closures – schools consider busses, walking students, and the morning commute – where we do not have busses or walkers, and most of our classes start after the school day is over
- If we need to cancel classes, we will notify families by email, the studio-wide BAND app, and on our public Facebook page by 8 AM for morning classes and 2 PM for afternoon/evening classes. We may not be able to reply to questions about possible weather closures before those times (if we spent the whole day replying to every individual question, we wouldn’t be able to make progress on our other important work for the studio!)
- Canceled classes for weather are not rescheduled – to make up missed classes, dancers are welcome to attend any class at a similar or lower level within 2 weeks of the missed class. Dancers can just come to the class they’d like for a makeup – no need to check with the office in advance. Questions about what classes would be great options for your dancer? We’re happy to help 🙂
- Every family has a different commute and level of comfort with winter driving conditions – please always make the best decision for your family. If we are open and you don’t feel comfortable driving, no worries – stay home and safe. Makeup classes are always available.
It is time to start preparing for our annual Holiday Showcase! Though fall has just begun, we are ready to share with you our plans to dance into the Holiday Season with joy and cheer! Everything you need to know about this special performance is on the Holiday Showcase website. Please read the handbook thoroughly and keep it for your reference as we get planning the showcase! Dancers in select classes ages 3 and up are invited to perform in this optional, festive, informal showcase! This is a great way for dancers to gain some performance experience and celebrate the holidays before we start in-class preparations for our formal June Recital.
All Holiday Showcase Information will be posted and continuously updated on our Showcase webpage – thepointeschool.com/holiday-2022
Now that our classes are off to a great start, we are ready to offer trial classes for new-to-The-Pointe families – and we have a sweet deal for you if you refer a friend to our program! Families can schedule a trial class easily using this link!
When a family you’ve referred signs up, please have them list your name in the “Where did you hear about us?” form in online registration. We will send them a $20 gift card to our boutique to help them get the gear their dancer needs for class – and as a thank you, we’ll send one to you, too! Trial classes are easy to schedule online, and are FREE for a limited time!
- Click the links on your phone to download the BAND app and join these groups 🙂
- Please join the Studio-wide BAND here: https://band.us/n/aba6607526O3B
- If your dancer is in COMPANY, please join the Company BAND here: https://band.us/n/a4ac627b2aNdR (dancers can and should join, too!)
- If your dancer is in COMMUNITY TEAM, please join the CT BAND here: https://band.us/n/a7a9687a26O1J (dancers can and should join, too!)
- Families have received an email with a unique link to join the BAND group for each class – if you’ve joined us after that message went out, please find your dancer’s instructor after class to get access or shoot us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we’ll get you added!
We’ve added another easy method of communication to get relevant information directly to families – right on your phone!
Studio Lobby & Lounge
We ask that families limit lobby visitors to one parent per child if you’ll be waiting in the lobby during class. We also ask that families ONLY have food in the lounge, and to pick up after eating. We have wipes, paper towels, and a small broom/dustpan in the lounge so the space can stay nice and neat for the next group to use the space.
How to get connected at The Pointe!
We love our studio community and truly work with the best families in Cedar Rapids. We know that it takes a village to raise up awesome kids, and our studio community can be a part of your village. We have a private Facebook group just for studio families – click here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1921735994748769 Please also join our studio-wide BAND app: https://band.us/n/aba6607526O3B (dancers, too!)
Attendance in class is crucial for dancers to learn and grow. We can only teach students who are in class 🙂 However, we know that things happen and kids may need to miss occasionally. To report an absence so your instructor knows what’s going on with your dancer, follow the steps in this 40-second video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nstwEOf7e58&list=PLZkeFgMt7mR63GMRqwjdoIM8-U1mxAx-3&index=2
Boutique & Front Desk Hours
We’re happy to help ! We catch up on studio voicemails, emails, and are available at the front desk from 4:30-7:00 Monday through Thursday, and 9:00 AM – Noon on Saturday mornings.
Students who are dressed for dance perform and progress better in class! Find out what your dancer needs for their classes and easily order online here: www.theturningpointeboutique.com
Studio Policies & Full Calendar
Our Policies & Calendar for the 2022-2023 School year is online! Here you will find all the dates needed to plan a successful season, as well as all policies that help keep our studio running smoothly. You can find the Policies and Calendar on our website here: www.thepointeschool.com/policies
Have a wonderful weekend!
– Miss Vanessa & your PSD Staff