Happy Friday, PSD Families! This Friday FYI is our primary method of communication to studio families – please save it for a time when you can read through it thoroughly and bookmark it for a reference!
THANK YOU for a wonderful, smooth first week of dance classes (so far)! We’ve had AMAZING first classes all around, and this year is setting up to be our best one yet.
One quick note – the first week of school (most local districts start next week) can be a tough one for kids. This is true for all ages, but especially true for kindergarteners, first graders, and older kids who start at a new school. If the first day of school + dance feels like it’s just too much, we see that a lot! Adjusting back into the school year routine (especially after some really not-normal years) can take some time. Please don’t be discouraged or give up on your dance class if it’s too much the first week of school. We see this a little bit every year – by mid-September, we’ll all be back to our school year groove and have the endurance needed to keep in the routine. If you have questions or concerns about how your dancer is doing in class, don’t hesitate to ask their instructor. Each staff member has a studio email address and is here to help 🙂
Find all of the important dates for the year here: www.thepointeschool.com/policies – we list upcoming dates within the next few weeks in every Friday FYI as well for your convenience!
- August 14-20 – Welcome Week! Parents, step in to class for the first few minutes to meet your dancer’s teacher and help them get all settled in 🙂
- August 19 – Community Team Performance at Cedar Rapids Kernels Game (buy tickets here)
- August 21 – Last day to purchase Recital 2022 DVDs (shop online here)
- August 25 – Auto Pay is processed for September Tuition & Costumes
- September 3-5 – Labor Day Weekend, Studio & Boutique CLOSED
If you are still interested in ordering a DVD of your dancer performing in Recital 2022, we are reopening our online orders until August 21st! This will be your LAST chance to get a copy of these shows, so order yours today!
All DVD orders can be placed on our Boutique website here: https://theturningpointeboutique.com/collections/recital-2022
School Year Classes are filling up! 🌟
We’ve added a section of Jazz 2/3 on Tuesday evenings for the School Year and Dance & Discover 2 on Monday at 5:00.
Registration is open and easy online – or shoot us an email (email@example.com) and we can get your dancer added to these new time slots!
We’ve added another easy method of communication to get relevant information directly to families – right on your phone!
- Click the links on your phone to download the BAND app and join these groups 🙂
- Please join the Studio-wide BAND here: https://band.us/n/aba6607526O3B
- If your dancer is in COMPANY, please join the Company BAND here: https://band.us/n/a4ac627b2aNdR (dancers can and should join, too!)
- If your dancer is in COMMUNITY TEAM, please join the CT BAND here: https://band.us/n/a7a9687a26O1J (dancers can and should join, too!)
- Families have received an email with a unique link to join the BAND group for each class – if you’ve joined us after that message went out, please find your dancer’s instructor after class to get access or shoot us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we’ll get you added!
Studio Lobby & Lounge
How to get connected at The Pointe!
We ask that families limit lobby visitors to one parent per child if you’ll be waiting in the lobby during class. We also ask that families ONLY have food in the lounge, and that families pick up after eating. We have wipes, paper towels, and a small broom/dustpan in the lounge so the space can stay nice and neat for the next group to use the space.
We love our studio community and truly believe we work with the best families in Cedar Rapids. We know that it takes a village to raise up awesome kids, and our studio community can be a part of your village. We have a private Facebook group just for studio families – click here and we’ll add you to the group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1921735994748769 (you MUST answer the questions to be approved for the group) Please also join our studio-wide BAND app: https://band.us/n/aba6607526O3B (dancers can and should join, too!)
Attendance in class is crucial for dancers to learn and grow. We can only teach students who are in class 🙂 However, we know that things happen and kids may need to miss occasionally. To report an absence so your instructor knows what’s going on with your dancer, follow the steps in this 40-second video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nstwEOf7e58&list=PLZkeFgMt7mR63GMRqwjdoIM8-U1mxAx-3&index=2
Boutique & Front Desk Hours
We’re happy to help ! We catch up on studio voicemails, emails, and are available at the front desk from 4:30-7:00 Monday through Thursday, and 9:00 AM – Noon on Saturday mornings.
Students who are dressed for dance perform and progress better in class! Find out what your dancer needs for their classes and easily order online here: www.theturningpointeboutique.com
Have a wonderful weekend!
– Miss Vanessa & your PSD Staff